History

1945
Antonio Ratti sets up the “Tessitura Serica Antonio Ratti” to manufacture and market silk fabrics and scarves. Its first headquarter was in Como, Viale Varese.

1954
Beginning of the industrial activity in a silk printing factory located in Bulgarograsso, in the province of Como.

1958
Opening of a new factory in Guanzate for the implementation of full-cycle production of silk – from thread to the finished product – that would integrate weaving, dyeing, photoengraving, printing and finishing.

1961
Creation of the first womenswear fabric collection.

1968
First, significant enlargement of the Guanzate-based factory.

1974
Creation of the first home furnishing fabric collection.

1975
Expansion abroad with the opening of sales offices in Paris and New York.

1985
Establishment of the Fondazione Antonio Ratti Onlus for the promotion of artistic, cultural and technological initiatives, research and studies in the fields of textile production and contemporary art.

1989
Listing on the Milan Stock Exchange.

1995
Thanks to a major grant from the Fondazione Antonio Ratti, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York inaugurates the Antonio Ratti Textile Center, one of the largest and most technically advanced facilities in the world for the study and storage of fabrics.

1999
Complete renovation of the Guanzate-based factory by architect Luigi Caccia Dominioni.

2010
Acquisition of Ratti S.p.A by the Marzotto Group

Profile

Investors

Sustainability

Press